WHAT IS NATURALIZATION?
If you are not entitled to citizenship by birth, you may apply for Citizenship through the naturalization process. The requirements are as follows:
- You must have a green card for at least five years. Three years, if you are married to a U.S. citizen.
- As a legal permanent resident, you must be present in the United States for at least 30 months. This is reduced to 18 months if you are married to a U.S. citizen.
- You must establish residency in your state for at least three months.
- You must remain physically present in the United States while your application is pending.
- You must demonstrate an ability to read and write English and a basic knowledge of civics and U.S. history.
- You must demonstrate good moral character
Malik Law firm has first-hand experience with the immigration and naturalization process. We have been helping people in New York City achieve the dream of citizenship for many years.
Contact our office today by phone (646)470-6859 or email us at [email protected] for a consultation.