Malik Law Firm regularly handles routine and complex naturalization cases, all of which require careful planning and examination of the client’s immigration, travel, employment, legal, and social background. We will make every step of the immigration process clean, simple and transparent for you.
WHAT IS NATURALIZATION?
If you are not entitled to citizenship by birth, you may apply for Citizenship through the naturalization process. The requirements are as follows:
- You must have a green card for at least five years. Three years, if you are married to a U.S. citizen
- As a legal permanent resident, you must be present in the United States for at least 30 months. This is reduced to 18 months if you are married to a U.S. citizen
- You must establish residency in your state for at least three months
- You must remain physically present in the United States while your application is pending
- You must demonstrate an ability to read and write English and a basic knowledge of civics and U.S. history
- You must demonstrate good moral character
Becoming a U.S. citizen through the naturalization process can have important tax, employment, and other benefits. U.S. citizens are entitled to liberties, such as the ability to vote, enjoy travel flexibility, and take advantage of significant additional avenues to help family members immigrate to the United States. U.S. citizens cannot be deported from the United States (unless citizenship was acquired fraudulently), a significant benefit given the increasing number of deportations of permanent residents, regardless of how long they lived in the United States or their family ties to U.S. citizens.
Malik Law Firm has first-hand experience with the immigration and naturalization process. We have been helping people in the United States achieve their dream of citizenship come true for several years.
Contact us for a consultation today