WHAT IS BENCH AND ARREST WARRANTS?
A bench warrant is given if you do not appear in court, or if you have not answered back to a court order. A bench warrant may be issued:
- For nonpayment of traffic tickets.
- For failure to appear for a court date in a criminal case.
- For failure to respond to a subpoena to come to court in a civil case.
- For failure to come to jury duty.
- If you fail to pay child support according to a support order.
After a bench warrant has been placed against you, you are subject to arrest by law at any time. If a law officer stops you for any reason and they see you have a bench warrant, you will be taken into custody.
Malik Law Firm has significant years of experience working on Immigration and Criminal defense cases. We represent clients in all 50 states and worldwide. If you need assistance in an Immigration or Criminal matter, Malik Law Firm has the expertise to represent you.
To contact us, you can call (646)-470-6859 from anywhere in the world.